ToasterOvenReview.org: The Best Toaster Oven Guide!
Welcome to ToasterOvenReview.org! Packing a ton of utility into a small package, toaster ovens are revolutionizing the way we cook in our kitchens. Whether you’re in need of something that does baking, broiling, convection cooking, or just some light toasting of bread and bagels, a toaster oven can get the job done. Why use a big, bulky oven when you can use a small, energy-efficient little machine? At ToasterOvenReview, our goal is to help you find the perfect toaster oven for your needs. You will find all of our reviews sorted by the various manufacturers as well as by type, in the menu bar to your right.
Our Toaster Oven Buyer’s Guide
Choosing a toaster oven can be a difficult task; there are so many different models available today in a range of prices, and it’s not always obvious which would suit your home the best. In order to help you decide which toaster oven might be the best for you, there are a few questions you can ask yourself:
- How much am I willing to spend? — Your budget will be the most important factor when it comes to choosing a toaster oven. You’ll find that toaster ovens can be as inexpensive as $25 for a budget model like the Black & Decker TRO420 Toast-R-Oven or as much as $250 for a top-of-the-line model like the Breville BOV800XL. Before you even begin to look for a toaster oven, it’s important to decide on a price range that fits your budget.
- Do I want a toaster oven with a convection fan? — Most of the high-end toaster ovens have a convection fan which can be an excellent feature for those that need it. A convection fan helps the hot air inside the oven circulate, which enables you to cook a larger variety of items as well as get a much more through and quicker cook. A great benefit to this is that since you end up cooking for much less time, it saves a lot of electricity in the long run, too. This is definitely something to keep in mind.
- How much room do I have? — Toaster ovens can be large and require a lot of countertop space depending on the model you go for. You should measure the space you have and keep it in mind. Be sure to measure both the space on the counter, as well as any height restrictions due to cupboards above the counter. Alternatively, you could opt for an under the counter toaster oven, which have a special design that lets the user mount them to the underside of either their counter or cupboards. If your counter space is at a premium, an under the counter toaster oven may be something you want to consider.
- What safety features do I need? — Safety features are also something that varies between the different models of toaster ovens. If you have children or teenagers that may be using your toaster oven, you may want to consider purchasing one that has some extra safety features. Keep an eye out for cooking timers; some models have built-in timers which will automatically shut the oven off after it runs out. This will not only prevent burning your food, but also will prevent any possible fires. You’ll also want to take into consideration that some toaster ovens can get very hot on the outside.
- Where am I going to buy the toaster oven? — In our experience, toaster ovens – especially high-end models – are much cheaper if you buy them online rather than buying in-store. Online stores have much less overhead than traditional stores, which means you often end up paying a much lower price in the end. Not only this, but online stores usually have a much wider variety of models to choose from.
Here are our choices for the best overall toaster ovens based on our own criteria as well as why we felt they qualified for the title.
The Breville BOV800XL Toaster Oven is our choice for #1 overall toaster oven. This is an excellent top-end convection toaster oven with great features and the ability to cook almost anything you’d be able to cook in your regular oven. As a matter of fact, a lot of people purchase this toaster oven to completely replace their conventional oven! It’s a huge 6-slice toaster oven that features Breville’s patented Element IQ technology, which automatically controls the cooking heat, time, and elements to make sure you get perfectly-cooked food every time. The Breville BOV800XL also has an excellent, easy-to-read LCD screen and all-digital controls that make it easy to precisely control the temperature and other settings. It also comes with high-quality pizza pan, baking sheet, and more. All-in-all, this is simply the finest toaster oven money can buy. If you don’t want a convection fan in your toaster oven, the lower-priced Breville BOV650XL is almost identical to the BOV800XL but without the convection fan. The Breville BOV800XL is surely a considerable investment, but for all of the benefits and the ability to replace your large, energy-inefficient conventional oven, it’s definitely worth the price.
Read our in-depth review of the Breville BOV800XL Toaster Oven or, if you want to purchase it right now with a massive discount and free shipping then click here to see the Breville BOV800XL on Amazon!
The Cuisinart TOB-60 Convection Toaster Oven Broiler is our choice as #2 toaster oven overall. Also a convection toaster oven, the Cuisinart TOB-60 is also a very versatile toaster oven, affording you the ability to cook a wide range of food items. It comes in beautiful brushed stainless steel exterior that is sure to look great in any kitchen. Being a convection toaster oven, you can cook practically any food that you can fit inside of the large interior. This toaster oven is more suited toward cooking things rather than toasting, but it does the cooking most excellently.
Read our in-depth review of the Cuisinart TOB-60 Convection Toaster Oven Broiler or, if you want to purchase it right now with a massive discount and free shipping then click here to see the Cuisinart TOB-60 Convection Toaster Oven Broiler on Amazon!
The Black & Decker TRO480BS is our choice for #3 overall toaster oven as well as being the best toasting-only toaster oven. The TRO480BS is an incredible value in being not only one of the most affordable toaster ovens on the market, but being excellent for toasting. It is the top-selling toaster oven on Amazon and for good reason; this is an excellent toaster oven for the price. If you’re not looking for an oven replacement and just want something to make a quick breakfast in the morning, you can’t go wrong with the Black & Decker TRO480BS toaster oven. A great little bonus of this model is that it’s perfect for making a great 8-inch mini pizza; a wonderful snack. It’s also suitable for reheating leftovers or for doing some small baking. Overall, an excellent toaster oven for its intended purposes.
Read our in-depth review of the Black & Decker TRO480BS Toaster Oven or, if you want to purchase it right now with a massive discount and free shipping then click here to see the Black & Decker TRO480BS Toaster Oven on Amazon!